The attorneys in Hodgson Russ’s Immigration Practise are skilled in handling a broad range of immigration issues for businesses and individuals. Our more than 25 years of experience in the field of immigration law includes everything from representing large, multinational companies, to helping U.S. citizens and permanent resident aliens reunite with their families.
In the business context, Hodgson Russ represents employers in connection with the temporary employment of professionals and intra-company transfers, the periodic entry of business visitors, and the permanent employment of foreign workers.
We maintain great familiarity with all applicable agencies, practises and procedures. Our work involves regular interaction with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services’ four regional service centres, U.S. Customs and Border Protection at the Fort Erie/Buffalo border crossing, and U.S. Consular offices around the world.
Our attorneys have substantial experience filing a broad range of petitions and applications for non-immigrant and immigrant visas with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, including the H-1B, L-1, E-1/E-2, O-1, P-1, TN and EB-1/2/3 petitions, among others.
Hodgson Russ has been awarded a prestigious “Best Law Firms” Metropolitan Tier 1 ranking by Best Lawyers/U.S. News & World Report in the Immigration Law category.
In addition to those noted above, our immigration law services include:
- Representing hospitals as well as foreign nurses and physicians entering the United States to pursue graduate medical education or clinical practise
- Representing foreign scientists and researchers
- Representing Canadian professionals seeking to work under the immigration provisions of the United State-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA)
- Representing foreign corporations of all sizes expanding or relocating to the United States
- Representing foreign entrepreneurs and investors
- Representing foreign athletes and entertainers entering the United States for professional work, events and performances
- Counselling U.S. employers on all aspects of employment eligibility and verification, and related unlawful discrimination practises
Hodgson Russ’s immigration clients also rely on the resources of our firm for matters relating to international tax planning, business reorganization or restructuring, intellectual property, real estate, and international business expansion into the United States.